Feeling gratitude and not expressing it is like wrapping a present and not giving it. ~William Arthur Ward
On the eve of my favorite holiday, topping my list of the things for which I am thankful this year:
- Beautiful DB. Husband, lover, friend, partner, playmate, The One. Every year is better. I am aware of it and I try to make sure he feels it always.
- My mommy. So happy that she is healthy and will be joining us tonight through Friday for our celebration.
- NYC family. I missed seeing them this year, but am so looking forward to a long visit next summer for our next wedding. My sister will be my matron of honor -- 25 years after I was hers. :-)
- PD1 and PD2. Such amazing women who I am allowed to pretend are my daughters. They are in my heart.
- 6 grandkids. Each and every one a joy to me in so many ways. The smiles (and hugs) they give tickle my heart.
- Dear darling friends. I am blessed with a plethora and some will be with us tomorrow to celebrate, yay!
- My job. After 18 years, it is still challenging and I work for and with the most amazing people.
- My house. With the economy as it is, I count myself extremely blessed to still have our house. Although home is wherever I'm with DB, it's nice to have the house we have now.
- My yoga. I write enough about that here so no more details necessary.
- My lower weight. Today I weigh 12 pounds less than I did on Thanksgiving morning last year and 2 pounds less than the year before (when I last was in a good range). I am grateful to me for making this a priority this year.
There is so much more...I am lucky and my heart is full.
May anyone reading this feel the same joy I do...Happy Thanksgiving!