Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Back to weight loss blogging!

I'm still struggling to get the lbs from vacation all gone -- I'm fluctuating between 3 and 5 pounds up from when we left. Today it's 4. Today is up from yesterday even though I have been totally PERFECT since the Great-Wagon-Fall-Off of Sunday. Not to mention that we took a LONG beach bike ride on Monday night and a LONG beach-walk last night. I feel like I really SHOULD be losing....

BUT...until the past couple of days I have been playing fast and loose with The Plan. I have been on-Plan more or less, but have not always had every type of food I should be eating in the magic order/time of day, etc. that is The Plan. I know there is something to eating the starches as and when she says...I've been erring on the side of less starches and that is probably not good.

So, tonight I will eat my Wednesday "up" carb day starches. And I'll keep going.

DB is cheating a little more than me some days. Yesterday (supposedly a carb-down day) he had five pieces of bread and a bag of peanuts right before bed. If I would have done that, I would have "gained" five pounds! He "gained" a pound (and I "gained" a half pound being absolutely perfect). No fair! ;-) But he had digestive distress. Stinky digestive distress. ;-) That is something I don't miss...not a lot of stinky when we're eating clean. :-)

2 comments:

Vickie said...

I agree with everything that you said - the order of the days and the order of the food within the days is important.

Is the stink the reason for the LONG beach walks???

My husband is prepping for colon scope tomorrow - can't stand to be around - making faces drinking the solution - running for the bathroom - I had to go upstairs and stay there - that is one thinga about having to deal with my mom's husband - I have no left over tolerance for anything else male sick related . . .

Helen said...

LOL...you wouldn't believe how the stinky can travel even outdoors...last night's walk wasn't very fragrant! ;-)