Thursday, December 27, 2007

Some stuff I forgot

I guess the long weekend was so eventful that I totally forgot a big thing when summarizing below: my brother-in-law (a/k/a The Good One) saved my mom's life!! While we were out to dinner on Christmas Eve, my mom started to choke...badly. She couldn't breathe. The restaurant people were asking if they should call 911. Luckily, The Good One was very good...with the Heimlich -- got the offending thing out of Mommy's air passage with two tries. Whew. It happened so fast that I didn't have time to be scared, but in retrospect...wow. We all practiced the Heimlich the next day!


Here are a couple of photos from Xmas Eve -- the lights on the canals and don't you love our jammies? ;-)



1 comment:

Lori G. said...

I love the photos! I do love your jammies! So cute!

I'm late commenting but what a great gift -- a wet suit. He really deserves the title of Dear Boyfriend or Dearest. I'm so glad your mother was okay and that the Good Brother was there. It's good that you didn't get afraid until after it was all over; and we all should be reading up on how to do the Heimlich.

Have fun with the NYE thingy. It sounds like fun. You are such a fun person, Helen. I hope you remember that!