Friday, March 14, 2008

Drum roll please...

...my net gain for the NYC trip as of this morning is only 1.2 pounds! :-) I'll take that after being very non-Drastic for a few days. The moral of this story is that if you fall off your wagon:

(1) Keep on exercising. My two trips to the gym in NYC plus walking must have helped.
(2) Get right back on. I went right back to my "normal" Drastic yesterday and voila, the lbs. I saw on the scale yesterday morning are already half gone.

Writing this more to remind me than for anything else!

Next week, I plan to be on the down slope once again for the 2-months-til-Mexico mark. :-)

5 comments:

ar said...

Hallo Hellen. Thanks for the nice words. Did not realize you were back from NY yet. Sounds as though you had an absolute good time with very minor damage to your resolve and good works. Hope the leg is on the mend and you are back in the swing of yoga again. I remember when I was in NY many many many years ago, I had the best rice pudding ever at one of those corner delis. Really a good place for food. :>)

Vickie said...

Trip sounds wonderful. I wondered how long you had stayed.

Vickie said...

I have another non-cracker/bread alternative for you -

http://escapefromobesity.blogspot.com/

they appear to be very tiny - so cut in half would make nice "cups" to hold things.

Lori G. said...

Helen, it sounds like you had a wonderful time in NYC and I'm so happy you had so much fun. (And no snow! Yay for you!)

You really did a lot in a few days!

I bet all of that walking paid off too.

I'll catch up with you soon! Promise!

Cindy said...

I love your Drastic. And that's amazing to only have a 1.5 gain on a trip!!! Thanks for sharing how you did it. It's encouraging for me. I have my own Drastic going on and I am starting to enjoy it.