Sunday, August 24, 2008

Leaving tomorrow early

Well, it's finally time to get to leave and I am SO ready!! :-)

Just about totally packed (I sent most of my stuff in the van with DB and Brooklyn so I'm only taking a backpack and large purse on the plane. My plane leaves at 9 for Reno and, if all goes well, I'll be smooching DB not later than 1:30. :-)

This is the first time since we met that we haven't been in contact for such a long time -- we talked yesterday until he lost the cell connection (there is no connection out there...or for about an hour around). He did manage to find a wifi connection this morning and sent a sweet e-mail along with request for forgotten supplies, but we can't talk whenever we want and it's weird. I guess we'll have plenty to talk about when I get there!! :-)

I am feeling better in the body today...went to gym yesterday, to my mom's pool to swim and visit today and have been eating better since DB and B left. Tonight I'll have a salad (my last GOOD food for the week probably).

I'm excited...and apprehensive as always...Burning Man is never the same...and that is one of it's most powerful qualities.

See you all after Labor Day...be good. :-)

8 comments:

Lori G. said...

Have fun! I hope you have fantastic weather and a fantastic time! Whoo whoo!

Cindy said...

I can't wait to find out how Burning Man goes! Have a great time!!

Vickie said...

between your coworker being gone (and you picking up her work) and then you getting ready to go and then you actually being gone - it feels like it has been nearly a month since you have been around. Hope you are having a GREAT week - look forward to hearing all about it.

Anonymous said...

Hope you're off having a great trip, Helly!

Vickie said...

busy unpacking???

Anonymous said...

Hope you had a wonderful trip. After all the planning, you deserve for it to be fierce :) (I know, too much Project Runway).

Cindy said...

OK where are you??????? dying to hear about your adventures!!!! Speak to us!

Vickie said...

okay - even if you don't have time to post all the details - please put up an "I'm back, fine, but busy, will post next week" note.

Ever since Alicia "disappeared for a week" - I get a little nervous when someone isn't around. . .