Thursday, June 28, 2007

The last night not owning any house

Today the loan for the new house funded. Tomorrow the deed records and we officially own our new house! For some reason, I've been feeling totally nauseous today...could be that work is beyond hectic and I'm having to juggle house stuff with all that during the day. At the end of the day today, I literally thought I was having a heart attack or stroke. TOO MUCH STRESS. So I came home, walked Doglet, did yoga, had a salad, talked with DB, had some wine, PACKED, showered, did laundry...and that's all within the past 3 1/2 hours! Are you getting the picture of how hectic things are? Sigh...
DB said to me today that it's like we're married (and he was saying that in a happy way)...buying a place together like this is a HUGE commitment. I have never done anything approaching that hugeness. He has been married twice, has owned homes before with at least one wife. I have never gone into something where I wasn't totally able to handle it ALONE. And this mortgage I cannot handle alone. I think that's at least a part of what is making me feel...weird.
I also think that if we could move in to OUR place this weekend, I would be more excited...facing a move this weekend and another one in two months is not so fun.
Anyway...I'll post and write more when I can get time and thoughts together...I'll be off-line for at least a little bit this weekend.

No comments: