Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Do not try this at home

The UN-recommended way to lose weight: get a horrible stomach flu. I did on Sunday and lost 4 pounds. Am still not feeling totally well, but at least the extremely high fever is gone and I can sit up for more than a minute without either vomiting or feeling like I'll pass out.

Hot tip: a teaspoon of honey if you can't stop vomiting. It worked for me.

Hoping to hold on to at least a little of the loss, but some will surely come back when I can eat more than a few hundred calories a day and am more rehydrated.

P.S. Lying in bed for two days, I got to see The Biggest Loser for the first time (although I think it might have been a repeat of a previous season finale) and it was great. Also watched some of Celebrity Fit Club Boot Camp...ugh.

5 comments:

Grumpy Chair said...

Helen, sorry you are sick! Earlier this year I had a stomach bug and could not stop throwing up (I did this for 12 hours straight). So glad you mentioned the honey trick. I will need to remember that.

Get to feeling better soon!

Cindy said...

I never heard of the honey trick before. Good to know. Bad that you are sick, and I hope you get better. Maybe some of the weight will stay off. Then all the ick will at least have a payoff. Take extra good care of yourself..

Vickie said...

did you read the honey thing somewhere? maybe it is so sticky that it stays put. . .

glad you are on the mend

Lori G. said...

oh Helen, I'm so sorry you're sick. I hope you're feeling better by now.

I hadn't heard of the honey tip but that's really cool.

Get better and we'll check on you later!

ar said...

Wow, not a good way to loose weight I am sure. Happy to hear you are getting better now. Am sure some of the loss will stay.