Friday, February 8, 2008

I need to catch up here...

...but the Friday Weigh-In Day news is making me feel sad. :-( So I'll get it over with first. I am down about 1/2 pound from last Sunday when we were just back from vacation, but I gained over vacation. This really puzzles me since I was exercising a lot every day and not REALLY overeating too much. I really think I should have maintained. :-( And, while this has been birthday week and I have had a FEW treats, again, I think I should have at least maintained. I truly do not understand how I can be exercising so much more and not losing. It's depressing. I'm considering not weighing for a while, but that is a slippery slope (see below) that I don't want to get on again. I do not FEEL bigger at all and, in fact, feel somewhat smaller. I know that I am probably just gaining muscle, toning, etc., but that doesn't feel like enough to me. So I guess I just have to keep up my good exercising at the gym three times a week (I love having a tv in my elliptical at my new gym so much that I end up doing a lot more minutes than I normally would have in the past!) and my yoga on the weekend. I'll also keep up good eating and drinking habits. And, hopefully, SOMEDAY I'll see results. It's really hard to stay motivated though...

The week has been pretty quiet for a Birthday Week for me...DB is slowly getting better but he is still sick so I haven't had my usual playmate available to aid and abet my celebration of ME. ;-) We had a great take-out sushi dinner on my actual birthday (last Monday) and he was so sick that I got his leftovers for dinner on Tuesday. I got myself a small carrot cake from Trader Joes and we ate it over the week. I don't feel like I overdid on cake or other birthday treats.

Tuesday voting was stressful -- I feel like both Dem candidates are equal and I don't love either one (hope I will at some point) so it was a hard decision. After voting I went home instead of to the gym (I went on Wednesday to "make up") to watch returns. I'm fascinated by and passionate about politics...don't write much about it here, but I am!

Work has been nutty this week...I am literally behind closed doors in my office trying to get this done...stealing some time from clients that I should be working, but this is important TOO. :-)

Tonight I have a birthday dinner with a friend (DB will probably stay home -- he's got to get better because he has a big business trip back east starting on Sunday -- three cities in three days). The weekend looks pretty quiet except for gym, yoga and getting DB to the airport on Sunday morning. :-)

Birthday celebrations continue for at least the next two weeks... :-)

2 comments:

Vickie said...

Nan - on the mat next to me 5 days a week for both free weights and yoga - has gone down a full size and not lost a pound. Not one. She is doing no cardio of any kind - just the classes. Her tone is notice-able. She asked Colleen and Colleen said it is the weight of the muscle. And that the muscle is/will be burning calories. Especially that thigh muscle. Nan has MAJOR knee problems. HArd for her to get cardio - she would be a good candidate for swimming/pool I think.

WHAT ARE YOUR CLOTHES DOING AS THE SCALE STAYS STEADY??????????

Lori G. said...

I'm so sorry that DB has been so sick. I'm glad he wasn't sick during vacation but still....

Maybe you are toning up and that's why you are feeling smaller and that's why the scale is so weird.

You stay motivated because you want to be healthy, keep moving and having fun like skiing and live longer -- the weight probably is a big deal to you (who are we kidding?) but overall, there are other things that are important to us too. Just stay focused on them and perhaps the weight will come off too.