Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Not losing feels like gaining :-(

Vickie asked on my last post how my clothes feel...they feel the same. I have been wearing the same clothes for years and they fit similarly all the time. So this means that I've been about this size for YEARS. And, somehow, now I feel like I'm gaining weight because I'm not losing even though I'm eating and drinking similarly if not better and exercising more. It sucks. I'm starting to think it's my age...I mean, I watched Tina Turner on the Grammies the other night and even she is starting to show thickening around the belly (of course, she's 25 years older than me!). If only I could have her body... ;-)

And despite how unhappy I am in my body and with my lack of progress, I am not making any drastic changes to fix the problem. And I don't know why. I just don't seem to have the will power and I don't know where it's gone.

I still am eating healthy and exercising, of course...but I sure would like to see some progress...if for no other reason than to motivate me to keep it up...

And I'm feeling like one of those people who annoyed me on my quit smoking support website -- you know the ones: they are always "trying" to quit, but never manage to just DO it and while I was suffering through withdrawals I could picture them sitting there smoking their brains out while they posted. I feel like one of those people now... :-( ... but I'm not sitting here with food in my hand or mouth...I sorta feel like I should GET to eat if I'm not losing! :-(

2 comments:

Vickie said...

hugs

Lori G. said...

I had a dream about you the other night. You were beating yourself up about your weight and I could see clearly that I took up more space than you and you were so much smaller than me. You were telling me what sizes you were (And these were the same sizes you have been quoting in your blog.)

Yesterday, I had on pants that were a size 20 from J. Jill. The day before, I had on pants from Talbot's that were a size 16. Which one is real? They both fit nicely.

I feel like you do, I'm one of these people who want to lose and I want to exercise and not take advantage of my membership as much as I should.

I guess I want to point out to you that you do a lot of good things already to keep your health up and staying active. It's hard to be motivated when you're working out if there's no tangible rewards (like weight loss). So the trick is we need to figure out a way to motivate us to keep going without the weight loss, etc. etc. I understand your frustration, Helen, I really do.