Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Kids' food

Yikes, kids' food is NOT good for me. I am feeling awful and I'm sure the scale will have inched up some this week. It's not that I've eaten oh-so-much, but it's WHAT I've eaten. This is not the diet that I normally eat: fast food for two meals on Monday (I got the best choices I could, but I did eat fries) set me up. I have been feeling awful ever since...

Last night I made it to the gym (and that was after a good lot of exercise at PT too) and tried to eat healthily -- we made turkey burgers, baked potatoes and carrots. It wasn't too bad, but still way more heavy than what I'm used to. I've been able to be good during the days (frittata for breakfast, Smart Ones for lunch, applesauce snack at 4 pm), but tonight it sounds like it's gonna be pasta with the kids. Although my plan is to go easy and have a salad, my willpower sucks (last night while we were cooking, I dug in to the reduced fat Wheat Thins along with everyone else).

I just feel incredibly lacking in ooomph. No willpower at all. Struggling. And we've got the kids until Monday and a wedding this weekend. While I'm thrilled at those things, I am less-than-thrilled about what this means to my weight. I am just not far enough into it this time yet to be able to make it through these tempting situations and JUST SAY NO. :-(

It's days like this when I wonder if I'll ever "get there"...it's just 20 pounds for God's sake!!! :-(

I'm sure it doesn't help that I'm stuck here in the office while DB is out playing with the girls all day...I'm jealous!! ;-)

2 comments:

Vickie said...

It is hard when everyone is eating something else - or when you are cooking something that everyone else is eating - hang in there . . .

Helen said...

Thanks Vickie...I knew you and other moms would understand! After this week I have an even huger admiration for all of you who can watch the lbs. and also cook for families!