Monday, April 16, 2007

The Interview

Continuing the interview tag from Vickie, here are the five questions that she sent me:

1. If you could meet any historical character, who would it be? And why. What would you two talk about? Would you bring them to your time - or go back to theirs?

The easier part of this question is the "when" – I do not have any desire to go back in time (I like my modern comforts, plus I like to cook so I'd have them to dinner). Now, hmmm, who? There are not really any figures from really long ago that spring to mind. I'm an Aquarius...very present and future oriented! My first gut reaction is Mahatma Gandhi. We'd talk about spirituality, peace, challenges. I would hope to do some yoga and chanting together! And Elvis. Definitely Elvis. ;-)

2. Favorite all time movie/play and why - what it meant to you - can be one you were IN or watched.

Movie (I wasn't in) = Field of Dreams. Makes me cry every time. Kevin Costner’s character gets to have a catch with his dead dad. I wish I could talk with my dad again and this really hits me every time. Plus I love how iconic baseball is...and there are some unforgettable lines in there. See it!

3. What is the weirdest "patch" together thing that you have done - rather than take the time to mend/hem/alter a particular garment for you or yours?

This one has me stumped...I’m not a very crafty person!! I think maybe the continuing process of patching ME together might be IT. ;-)

4. When you were first "out on your own" - what was your first major purchase?

A full-sized bed! I had that bed for 20 years too. Just got rid of it a few years ago.

5. What is the new habit of which you are the proudest?

It's 4-years-old so I'm not sure if it qualifies as "new", but after doing it for almost 30 years, I think it does: quitting smoking! I never thought I could really quit. It took a lot of hard work, a lot of learning, and a lot of support from others.

Here are the instructions to continue:
1. Leave me a comment saying, "Interview me."
2. I will respond by posting five questions on your blog.
I get to pick the questions. (so you have to have the set up where I click on your name and it takes me to your blog).
3. You will update your blog with the answers to the questions.
4. You will include this explanation and an offer to interview someone else in the same post.
5. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions.

Fun!

No comments: