Tuesday, October 9, 2007

The Frankentoe...

...lives.

Sadly, no pin removal today. The doc told me he'd take it out if it was truly driving me crazy, but that it would be better to wait a week. Well, much as it IS driving me crazy, I'd rather have a functioning toe for the next 50 years of my life so...

Thanks for all your squinchly-eyed wishes though...it's definitely coming out next Tuesday at 3:30 pm PDT...count on it! :-)

Add to all this, that DB left for a business trip for two days back east today AND learned that he needs arthroscopic surgery on his shoulder (which has been causing him intense pain for the past five months or so). I joked that he was jealous of all my surgery...as soon as I'm healed, he'll be going in. And, did I mention that he has no insurance? Sigh. Being a partnership starts to hit the pocketbook now...

So, I "deserved" Thai food tonight. And another week of little/no exercise. I feel ugly, fat, horrible. But trying to remember it's just one more week...

2 comments:

Lori G. said...

Well, I've seen photos of you and you are definitely not ugly, fat. I can't vouch for the horrible but I really doubt that too. I think you're really cute to be honest! You're just sick and tired of your toe, gimping around, and I understand that very well.

That's too bad about DB both the financial side and the physical side.

Hang in there, Helen. Pretend that your pin is attached to a hand grenade or make up stories about why you have a pin in your toe. Make yourself laugh about it. I know you'll come up with a funny story or two. Ask yourself, "What would Dwight Schute do?" :-)

Grumpy Chair said...

Sorry about the pin staying a little longer, but you are right, better a week now than a non-functioning toe for the rest of your life.

Hang in there.