Friday, September 26, 2008

Ahhhhhhhh...

...so I'm back on the downward slope again. Whew! I lost about a third of my total summer-long gradual gain this week so I should be in virgin territory not too far in the future. This time, though, I have no goal date set so I can be a LITTLE easier on myself. This week I had a couple of glasses of wine on Wednesday night when I went to a show and I still managed to lose by (a) getting back to my serious exercise, and (b) being mindful the rest of the time.

Wednesday night was a show by Dave Stewart and his Rock Fabulous Orchestra. I loved it. Particularly liked hearing his story about writing "Here Comes The Rain Again" during a huge fight with his then-partner/lover, Annie Lennox. I listened to that song in a whole other way and think I now have a new theme song for fights. ;-)

That night we also met a woman who was Miles Davis' first wife -- she is now the maitre d'iva (her term) at a restaurant in L.A. and she is a total hoot. Only in L.A...

DB will be home tomorrow. I think this will have been the longest we have been apart (10 days) and these last few are TOUGH. I really miss him! But I have a friend coming over tonight for dinner and to watch the debate.

Onward and downward!

4 comments:

Cindy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cindy said...

Ahhhhhhhhh is a great way to put it. It is a relief to get back in the healthy routine and lose the extra stuff. I think a night out and a couple glasses of wine is healthy. It's good to be able to enjoy yourself. Glad you are doing so good and having fun, too!

Vickie said...

glad you found your food/exercise food groove again. . . have a great weekend.

Lori G. said...

I really liked your post on the Addict's Mind. I just hadn't been able to articulate what I liked about it.

I'm sort of glad you didn't have a goal date set. You're in the right place, the right lane, and you'll get to where you want to be.

What a fun couple of days you've had with the Dave Stewart show and meeting Miles Davis' first wife (and I bet she was glad to get away from him).

By now DB will be home and I know you will feel more settled and definitely happier.