Monday, July 13, 2009

Word

Of COURSE my office schedules me for Word training the week before vacation...grrrrr!! This means that I lose an entire day of "real" work. I love learning more about Word, but not this week!!!! ;-)

Doing well on the program. Down a total of 16 lbs. as of this morning's weigh-in (beginning of week 6) and I have been imperfect a lot the past couple of weeks. But I have been perfect enough, I guess. I will be perfect this week until we leave for vacation early Saturday morning.

I've had a hard time making myself go to the gym on my regular days because it is so beautiful and summery so I've still been enjoying outside exercise: biking, boogie-boarding, walking the dog and on the beach, gardening. I guess I'm doing enough exercise this way. Wish I could do it all year (too dark at night during the week in the winter).

Tonight? More boogie-boarding!! Walking against the waves is amazing leg and butt exercise, core exercise needed to hold me up and arm exercise pushing myself up from board after a ride. I love it!! :-)

2 comments:

Vickie said...

sounds great. your vacation is coming up very quickly. I assume packing is probably going to be very simple - since it is the right/same season (now).

glad that the pounds are sliding off (without a lot of angst). will be interested to see how it comes off your various body parts as you get down to the end.

I am still looking at pears and apples and any extra pounds every where I go. It seems to be very much a science thing - not nearly as much family tendencies as people seem to say - I think it is very much a whole world thing - pears carry it mostly one way - apples the other - but the trends seem to really hold from person to person.

Anonymous said...

I'm guessing that the outdoor activities DO indeed count as exercise. Why go to a gym if you can do an outside fun workout? As you said, weather and beautiful light doesn't last forever, so we need to enjoy it while we have it!