Thursday, February 17, 2011

It's the exercise, stupid!

So I went a week without formal exercise due to the funeral trip and slam-jam-packed work/social life. This has got to stop. When I exercise, I lose. When I don't, I stay the same or gain. And I have not gotten rid of the 7 birthday pounds for good in the past two weeks. And that was in addition to 10 pounds up from end of last ski season. Only one pair of my ski pants fit...I've ordered more on ebay and they're all too small even though I measured me and got measurements for them. It's bumming me out.

I went to the gym on Tuesday and am going tonight. We are skiing this (long) weekend (hopefully, if the blizzard that is predicted up there is not too bad). I have started putting my gym days on out calendar as appointments just like I did back when I was losing The Big Weight and I have told DB that these appointments are UNBREAKABLE.

I NEED TO LOSE 15 POUNDS. I'D LIKE TO LOSE 20 OR 25.

Valentine's Day was the best ever...DB cooked (healthy) for me, had a fire in the chiminea when I got home with two glasses of red wine, cheese and avocado ready when I got home. The lights were dim, our massage table was all set up (we never made it to that), the music was sweet and the air was scented with frankincense. It was awesome. I have the best Valentine. :-)

Work is slammed -- we have a new superstar client and I barely have time to breathe. I am working at home in the evenings a little just to keep up. I am afraid I may not be able to take my every-other-Mondays for the rest of ski season because of this. :-(

But I have skiing this weekend... :-)

3 comments:

Vickie said...

at least you are not one of the many blogger sitting there having NO idea what to do. You know what to do and how to do it. Totally agree about scheduling and having hell or high water attitude. And you appear to have good job security! And you have enough time before it is beach season! All good things.

Sharla said...

oh, I miss our Chimenea!

It got knoecked over when we added the family room

Have fun skiing

Helen said...

Vickie, you are right that I know what to do...I just have to DO it and KEEP doing it. Gym last night was great...scale down a few pounds today...exercise and not eating out all the time makes a HUGE difference. Now at least I'm the weight I was pre-vacation.

Sharla, you have to come visit sometime...we'll share the chiminea (which I got for DB for his bday...my little pyro loves it!)