Thursday, June 21, 2012

Very quicky...running out of town

Vickie reminded me that I haven't posted in a month and that does not surprise me. It's a swamped summer with now three weddings including ours and supervising visitation which sucks usually at least a day of our weekends every other weekend. I won't put a sad face because I am lucky that my life is busy with things and people I love. But blogging is not something I've been able to do lately since I'm also slammed at work.

We leave tonight for Louisiana until next Tuesday for a family wedding. Am looking forward to it except for the flying part. ;-) (Thankfully, my doc gave me some meds to fight the flying anxiety...which is getting worse as I get older, not better.)

Oh yeah, and the food...whenever you ask anyone what there is to do in New Orleans they send you a list of restaurants. I am not kidding. This is a big hint to me so DB and I have a plan -- we can TASTE things we want to taste, but we can't eat, for example, a whole beignet. We plan to share A LOT. I hope this works because it sounds like all anyone does in NOLA is EAT. ;-) Comfortingly, a friend told me "don't worry, you'll be sweating a lot of it off". It's supposed to be in the 90s with lows in the upper 70s.

I would still like to lose 7-10 pounds pre-wedding -- haven't been losing, but still maintaining my loss from last year. If I don't lose, it won't be horrible because I fit in my gown as is. But I will probably buckle down when we get back next week.

I've been having some arm, shoulder and neck pain so had a private yoga lesson with my teacher a couple of weeks ago. Wow, it really helped! Still hurting some, but he's so good with alignment and I'm working hard at it.

2 comments:

Vickie said...

I don't think it is the hot that is going to impact you, it will be the humidity. I would assume you are very used to dry climate now.

did you injure arm/neck/shoulder or just got up with it that way one day?

Vickie said...

On my way to east coast with oldest to apartment hunt, will have my iPad with me.