Friday, March 30, 2007

Down 1...

...but I still feel like I'm up two, down one, up one, down two. :-( I also am having some digestive troubles...again. I'm still feeling like every time I get some momentum something happens to make me lose it. Sigh. But I'm still trying. And my mom told me yesterday that I really look like I've lost weight (I haven't seen her in more than a month, I guess).

We went to the ortho this morning and my mom has two chips off her elbow and the cracked wrist. She's in a splint and wrap from her shoulder to wrist for at least a week, then will have a cast on her wrist for a month. I don't know how she'll be able to shower. I suggested that she come and stay with me for a while, but she's happy at her place...so that means I'll probably be doing a lot more driving than usual (she's about 1/2 from me and an hour from my office).

I hope I get some rest this weekend...yesterday took it out of me...

2 comments:

Vickie said...

How much raw veggie (roughage) do you eat each day? If I eat about 2 cups raw - especially dark green lettuce (not iceberg lettuce) - it helps my GI track considerably. And if I was taking any iron supplement what-so-ever - I would be in major trouble. . .

Lori G. said...

Oh your poor mom.

She can put a plastic bag over her wrist when she's in the shower unless you're afraid of her falling (which is a consideration).

I'm sorry you're having the digestive problem. I'm not sure what's wrong but maybe your diet is out of whack (too much processed food or maybe too much raw food). It just occurred to me that you were on antibiotics and that may be playing havoc with the stomach. Get better and do what you need to do like with your mom and your health. That's the important thing.