Monday, April 23, 2007

Happy Helly

A highlight of a highlight-filled weekend:

Yesterday, I went into the closet in my guest bedroom where I hide all the clothes that have become too small, but that I am not ready to get rid of. (I had tried on some pants from in there on Saturday and ended up wearing them because they fit LOOSER than they ever had from when I bought them 2 years ago.) I was feeling brave after my good weigh-in on Friday and continuing good eating and exercise. Well, ladies and gentlemen, I am very VERY happy to say that I fit into EVERYTHING in there that I was wearing when I first met DB almost 3 years ago! :-) There are still a few things in there from my size 10 days that I don't fit yet...but I'm feeling a lot more confident that I will someday.

The good weigh-in and a week of doing better with my digestive system really has me feeling good, positive and ready to keep it up. These results really motivate me. It's so hard to keep at it when you aren't seeing any real results. So I'm sticking with the oatmeal for breakfast and artichokes at night, etc. and we'll see what happens. For now, I'm just so happy to put something on and feel like I look good -- it's been a LONG time since I've felt that.

Saturday night we went over to the new house of one of DB's daughters and her family. DB and I prepared all the food we needed for a barbecue (marinated chicken and veggies, corn on the cob and my famous cucumber salad). We got there and their BBQ wasn't working so we ended up just sticking everything in the oven! It turned out great and DB and I felt good that we had control of what we were eating (healthy, low fat, fun!).

Yesterday we celebrated Earth Day by leaving our cars parked (except for one quick drive to the grocery store). We biked to the beach for brunch and to see open houses. It was fun and great to get in a little extra exercise. :-) I want to make sure we bike some EVERY weekend from now on...it's so fun that it doesn't feel like exercise and that's my favorite kind!

1 comment:

Lori G. said...

That's so great that you can wear those clothes that you stuck away in the closet! whoo whoo for you!

Your dinner with the DB's daughter sounds wonderful. I wish I could bicycle because it sounds like fun but I think it's too late for me to learn.

I'm so happy to hear your great news! You deserve it!