Monday, June 22, 2009

Wow. It's still working!

After staying pretty much the same all last week, I saw a real loss on the scale this weekend. Go figure...it was even down 1 and a half pounds from Saturday (the first "carb up" day for me...when you eat starches your last two meals) to Sunday. I so don't totally understand the chemistry here, but it's working and I feel great so who cares? ;-) Total down since starting two weeks ago today: 11+ pounds. :-)

Great weekend -- saw The Hangover on Friday night -- hilarious! Saturday after Coffee Walk did great yogatoday.com video class (I'm about to join for $9.99/month...can't beat that for unlimited yoga classes and lots of variety...and they kick my butt...I'm dripping with sweat!). We went to a BBQ up in the hills on Saturday afternoon/evening...and we took our own food again so were very good (and people enjoyed what we brought too...especially the asparagus with cream cheese-spread prosciutto wraps). Yesterday I gardened for a few hours and celebrated my sweet DB's father-ness all day long! :-)

Today I'm working at home because I have to take my mom for a colonoscopy in a little bit. I'm getting A LOT done...may consider doing this more often! :-)

4 comments:

Vickie said...

I am seriously considering using the food plan for the two weeks that both my yoga studio and ALL my free weights classes are closed (July).

First I had thought about upping my exercise (for those two weeks) with some type of cross training cardio (even if I hated it - it was tough cardio - I can do anything for two weeks).

But now I am wondering if changing up my food might be very good for me. I haven't done that in a long time.

Vickie said...

Crack the Fat-Loss Code: Outsmart Your Metabolism and Conquer the Diet Plateau (Paperback)
by Wendy Chant

is this it???

Helen said...

Yup, that's it. It's not much to read and you can really read along as you do it. Not complicated. I'm down another pound today and DB also has a new low. :-) We are attributing it to the boogie boarding in the ocean last night. But, somehow, the chemistry of this is WORKING. Wild.

Doc Manette said...

I'm going to be watching Cindy's progress and Vickie's if she does it too - I know I am feeling very inspired to want to lose the weight.