Friday, November 16, 2007

Friday stuff

As you can see from my headline today, I'm not feeling too creative. I'm sick enough that on a regular week (where I didn't have to deal with DB's surgery) I'd be home in bed getting better. But I'm not sick enough that I have to stay home so I'm at the office. I feel crappy though. Just getting by with over-the-counter decongestants and cough meds.

DB's surgery went very well -- the problem was not as severe as they thought so his healing time will hopefully be faster. He was very drugged up yesterday -- and he had a nerve block that even made his voice sound funny for a while, poor thing! It was hard not to laugh actually! He stayed in bed most of the rest of the day yesterday and overnight. Today he's up a little bit on a lot of drugs and we're headed to PT at 5 pm (he has to start up right away so the shoulder doesn't freeze up again).

DB kept saying to me yesterday "I'm so in love with you.", "I love you so much, Helen.", etc. The drugs made him mushy and I loved it. (P.S. He actually says this stuff all the time usually, just more frequently and emotionally yesterday.)

Probably due to SSO drinking and back to pretty regular exercise, I'm down 3 pounds this week. That was a nice surprise this morning because I have been good but not perfect with food this week.

Gotta get back to work...

2 comments:

Lori G. said...

I'm so sorry you're not feeling well. At least (I hope) you can rest up this weekend. I'm very very glad that DB's surgery went well and that the damage wasn't so bad. That's so sweet what he said to you. And very deserved too.

Good job on the weight too! But get well. Tell DB to get well too!

Vickie said...

how are things going????????