Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Feeling better

But this stomach thing was so fierce that I am a little afraid every time I eat -- not a bad thing! I have been eating less than usual the past few days (although maybe more calories yesterday as I tried to find things that were "good" and didn't irritate my stomach -- but volume has been less). I still feel a little nauseous all the time...and some things (my usual decaf for example) exacerbates things.

I am thrilled, however, to be wearing a pair of pants comfortably today that I have never been able to wear since I bought them late last year in anticipation of losing. And I think I look good. People are starting to notice a little bit and that helps me stay strong too. :-) I'm starting to remember how I felt when I was thinner...and it's GOOD.

So now I'm thinking about just how much I'd like to lose in total. I am sure I do not want to be as skinny as I ultimately got in late 1996-97 (photos are not flattering -- my niece, who was not born until January 1997, sees photos of me then and says I look "freaky" -- I think I look emaciated). Twenty pounds higher than my lowest weight would be really really nice and that's not too far away. More than a particular weight, I'd just like to be a solid 10 again (right now I'm a 12-14).

In the meantime, I'm just plugging away.

4 comments:

ar said...

That is awesome Hellen. I can just imagine the thrill it must have been for you to fit comfortably in your slacks again. Great stuff! Mexico is going to be wowed by you :>)

Vickie said...

I think I know just what you mean about the emaciated/freaky thin.

I see people in yoga classes and out shopping that are VERY thin and look REALLY terrible to me.

If one is very thin, but looks like they could get blown away in a strong wind - they do not look healthy to me. I know several people that are runners - but can't lift their own body weight. And it is just SAD (to me).

I can see someone the same size (thin) that looks fabulous and healthy (to me) - because I see MUSCLE on this second group of people. And those are the people that I admire.

Vickie said...

glad you are feeling better.

thanks for the nice long note on yoga.

Vickie said...

all well or still plugging???