Friday, April 4, 2008

Now is when it gets hard...

...sticking with it when results are less than I hoped. I'm down another 1.6 pounds this week and I should be happy. Happy that I keep losing consistently every week for the past weeks since starting The Drastic. Happy that I weigh less than I did last year at this time (barely, but...). Happy that I am feeling stronger and more fit. Happy that people have actually noticed. But I feel disappointed. I was virtually perfect this week and this seems like a paltry loss for how good I was. I was hungrier than usual and, despite this, I did not eat more. I did my usual exercise and a little bit more. I stuck to it. At this rate I still MIGHT be able to lose a total of 20 pounds before we leave on May 24, but that is going to be probably close to as good as it gets (I've lost a total of 14.2 since Feb. 19...I was hoping to break 15 today).

Enough negativity for one post, sorry...

So tonight we're off for skiing weekend...it will be a whirlwind and probably not too relaxing...we get in to the condo tonight at midnight or after and the bus leaves for the slopes around 8 am tomorrow morning. Two full days of skiing, then back home around 11 pm on Sunday night. DB is feeling sickly this morning so I'm hoping he feels better by the time we leave or this will be much less fun. But I am still looking forward to getting away, getting into the snow and skiing!! :-) Lots of good exercise hopefully and I vow to be careful with food (we have packed healthy snacks and dinner for the bus).

OK...positivity: I've lost ALMOST 15 pounds in seven weeks. :-)

3 comments:

Lori G. said...

Have fun skiing and don't think about numbers or scales or what you're doing -- just eat healthy and get out there and work out on the slopes.

Don't think of where you SHOULD be by May 24 -- it might be more, it might be less but the point to all of this is to live healthier and move more. You also might be sizes smaller due to your exercise but it may not reflect on the scale. Be good to yourself, Helen. 15 pounds in 7 weeks -- that's about 2 pounds a week. Just what you're supposed to be doing! :-)

ar said...

I truly believe that this is just weight on the scale. Cindy is on the number with when you feel very hungry that you may be loosing weight. It just has not registered on the scale yet. Possibly will manifest later in a huge drop. What may help too is to vary foods? Possibly eating too much of the same? Drinking enough water? Those are usually checks for me. As well as salt intake.

Hope you have a fantastic skiing trip.MF gets better soon. Different exercise again. Absolutely super and exhausting to me :>)

Vickie said...

You won't see this until you get back from your fun weekend - hope you had a great time and that DB had a quick recovery.