Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Not a lot of Perfect Days this week and Crack the Fat

No way will I have 4 Perfect Days this week. Maybe 3. It's hard with summer fun. :-( But DB is interested in doing the Crack the Fat diet and I think we may try to start that to some extent at least next week.

Right now I'm hungry and in pain -- had root canal today on a tooth under an old poorly-done cap and it made the pain I've been having WORSE. Have an appointment with an endodontist tomorrow to hopefully get the pain gone. I declined pain meds from my dentist but am re-thinking that right about now. OW.

At least it hurts to eat...I'll have to think of something soft or liquid for dinner...and not COLD which REALLY hurts. I guess it's not a bad thing that it hurts to eat...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think I missed something - what's Crack the Fat diet? Is it meant for the long haul or as a jump-starter?

My sympathies on the root canal and assorted tooth pain. I'm a pain wimp and if a doctor (or dentist) offers me pain meds, I usually figure there's a reason they're offered and grab them. Hope your pain didn't make sleep a problem, too. Feel better!

Vickie said...

so sorry to hear about the mouth pain!

and I am with Anne - no idea what Crack the Fat might be - ?

Helen said...

"Crack the Fat Code" is a book that Laura and Cindy recommended to me. DB has taken to reading it (more then me even) and it makes a lot of sense...hoping to implement soon. :-)

Bea said...

Sorry to hear about the tooth and the crazy week. It is hard for me to keep to the straight and narrow food wise when chaos strikes. Glad to hear DB and Friend are dong well.

Don't crack the Fat until after I get there. (see blog) I guess I am coming in-spite of earthquakes and chaos on this end. Hope to see you soon.

Bea said...

Helen I sent you a message on Facebook with travel details a few days ago but it did not go thru. I must have done something wrong. I will keep at it.

I just talked to Mentor Mary who told me to let go of my fears about the trip and be open to adventure. Easy for her to say. She's 80.

Lori G. said...

So sorry about the root canal....I wouldn't worry about the food/crack plan at this point. I always tell people to get the pain meds -- you can always have it and NOT take it but it's 10x worse to try and get it later. (Esp. if it's towards the weekend, night and/or a major holiday.)