- The waiters at the Mexican restaurant where we ate last night (yes, on our first night home) don't speak Spanish.
- Real shoes cramp my feet, bras hurt, pants feel funny...why can't I wear my bathing suit every day anymore?
- My skin is dry, not smooth and/or sticky from sunblock, aloe lotion, the rain/salt spray.
- Sleeping without the constant noise from the wind and waves is no fun.
- I miss huevos motulenos (although my waistline doesn't).
- I miss my snorkel.
- Why did my cold go away the minute we landed and it's back the minute I'm home?
- I got way less groceries at the market yesterday than I got for the same money at Super San Francisco last Friday
...and the number one reason I'm sorry I'm home from Tulum:
- No cerveza for breakfast. ;-)
But seriously folks (not that that wasn't serious...especially the part about the shoes)...to answer Vickie's questions:
- I did get sunburnt my first day -- I thought I could sit in the sun with 50 SPF on -- WRONG-O. I got away with not getting burnt the rest of the trip, but only by not SITTING in the sun and religiously wearing the sunblock and REAPPLYING. Today I actually look tan -- and I never tan. This is the first time DB has ever seen me with skin anything but pure white! ;-)
- My "skinny" clothes feel a little tight so all the weight gain was not "fake". I'll get some of it off by Friday just by having no cerveza and no tortillas for every meal. ;-)
I'm SWAMPED at work and catching up with home stuff too...will check in with all of you slowly but surely and get caught up...and will hopefully have some photos and details on our trip for you too...SOON. :-)